Edinburgh Repository Fringe
A two-day workshop at the University of Edinburgh
July 31 - August 1, 2008
An invitation to all repository researchers, managers, administrators, developers and onlookers: come and join in Edinburgh's newest and entirely unofficial festival!
- brainstorm new and emerging repository issues
- generate new ideas, new perspectives, new ways forward and new solutions
- show off some new project results
- meet up with repository managers, administrators, librarians and developers
Research data, social networking, bibliographic services or desktop integration? Whatever your interest and problems, come and run a discussion, kickstart some activity or work on a demonstration.
- The Plan - view the evolving schedule and how we think this is going to work
- The Sessions - this is where you sign up for various types of performance
Keynote and Plenary
- Dorothea Salo will be the opening keynote speaker.
- David De Roure will be speaking at the closing plenary.
- Contacts - Email enquiries, programme chairs, organising committee.
- Accommodation and Travel - how do we get there and where shall we stay? where is the venue?
- Bulletin Board - Let us know if you're going to be blogging or twittering the event. Leave a message for other conference-goers. Reserve the smallish Carstairs Room for a private meeting or public sideshow.
Propaganda and Links
- Now that it's over, participants are being asked to tag any social networking sites to do with the event as repofringe08. There are already photos with this tag up on flickr at http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=repofringe08&w=all
- Blog entries about the event are being gathered on the Bulletin Board page.
- See the Repository Fringe website for links to event registration and accomodation hosted by the University of Edinburgh.
- Download the Repository Fringe flyer for distribution. Help us disseminate this event!
- Check out the inspiration for this event, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, 3-25 August. (Two-for-one preview tickets will be available for some shows in the week preceding the opening on Fringe Sunday.)
- Can't decide what to see? Try narrowing your choices at [the Pleasance], which is the University student union (10 minute walk from Old College venue) with a wide range of comedy, music and theatre events and a busy beer garden in the courtyard.
- Another great University-based Fringe venue is the [Fabulous Spiegeltent], in the George Square gardens near the Main Library. Book a ticket or just relax and enjoy the beer and ambience outside the tent.
- Check out the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues festival which will be going on at the time of the workshop (25 July - 3 August).
- Thanks to the JISC Repositories and Preservation Programme for generous sponsorship of this event.