Edinburgh Repository Fringe
2011 Repository Fringe
The 2011 event (#rfringe11) is currently being planned. Updates will appear over on our blog: http://www.repositoryfringe.org/
We are also collecting and discussing early ideas for the 2011 Repofringe programme here on the wiki.
2010 Repository Fringe
The 2010 event is being organised over on our new blog: http://www.repositoryfringe.org/
Please take a look, add your ideas or click through the "Registration" link to sign up for this year's event which runs on the 2nd and 3rd September 2010.
The blog takes over from this wiki so please update your bookmarks accordingly. The wiki will remain as a record of the 2009 event.
2009: Beyond the Repository Fringe
A two-day event at the award-winning Informatics Forum at the University of Edinburgh. View pictures of the venue.
Thursday July 30 & Friday 31st, 2009
An invitation to all repository developers, managers, researchers, administrators and onlookers: come and join in Edinburgh's newest and entirely unofficial festival!
- see what's been developed, and still developing in the Repository Landscape
- learn new techniques and discover new ideas
- participate: be heard
Research data, social networking, bibliographic services or desktop integration? Whatever your interest and problems, come and run a discussion, kickstart some activity or work on a demonstration.
- The Sessions - The draft event Programme. Sign up here for various types of 'performance' or contribution
- The Challenge - See the developer challenge issued by our Keynote speaker
Keynote and Plenary
The Opening Keynote will be given by Ben O'Steen and Sally Rumsey from the Oxford University Library Services.
Registration, Travel, Contacts
- Please register for the event as soon as you know you can come to help the organisers plan the event!
- Accommodation and Travel - Information about university and other accomodation, maps, travel info. (Please note: each participant must book their own accomodation in addition to registering.)
- This year's venue: Informatics Forum
- Contacts - Email enquiries, organising committee.
Twitter, Blogs and Tags for this event
Watch the live video and CoverItLive streams of the event here: http://www.edina.ac.uk/rf09.html
- Live Blogging will be on the DISC UK Datashare Blog.
- #repofringe09 or #rf09 are the tags for Tweets, blog posts, pictures, etc.
- Tagged tweets and links to other types of post will be shown in the RepoFringe Unconference RSS Feed from our CoverItLive stream.
- If you are taking pictures of the event use the tags above and/or join and submit images to the Beyond the Repository Fringe Flickr Group.
- Coverage of the event online. If you see anything that should be added here please let us know.
Propaganda and Links
- Check detailed info on this wiki but we have a website where we will link all webcasts and recordings.
- Check out pictures from last year's RepoFringe event on Flickr, and a summary of the event in the University of Edinburgh IT newsletter, BITS.
- 2008 repository fringe presentations are available in ERA, the Edinburgh Research Archive.
- Check out the inspiration for this event, the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, 7-31 August. (Two-for-one preview tickets will be available for some shows beginning Monday 3rd August; we will be on the lookout for any performances and shows on at the end of July! Here's some info about year-round Fringe venues in Edinburgh.)
- The Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival will be starting up as we close down (31 July - 9 August).
- There are lots of other things to do in Edinburgh in the summer - the place is already jumping: eg:
- Thanks to the JISC Repositories and Preservation Programme for generous sponsorship of this event.
- We are promoting the event on the following lists:
- Research DataMan
- Open Science list
- EPrints [EP-Tech]
If there are others you think we should target, please let us know.